Use Of Basic Commands In Ubuntu


 Use Of 10 basic commands :

  • Sudo : (SuperUser DO)  command allows you to run programs or other commands with administrative privileges, just like “Run as administrator” in Windows.



When you run the command as you see in the above image it ask for the password, here you need to use password that you use at the time of setup Ubuntu. (That I already told you in my pervious blog).

  • pwd(present working directory) command show the directory name of present working directory. 

As you see in my case I am working on rohit name directory (folder) and the path of dir. is /home/rohit.

  • passwd : is used to change user password using Terminal.
                                            
After run the command firstly it ask for user old password. And here rohit is a user.


And after type my old password it ask me for my new password. Once you type your password it ask you to retype the new password and it will be change after hit enter. I am not type any thing because I am not changing the password. (Note: Make it easy to learn and type because in terminal password is not showing when you will be setup, change and type any where when it need)

  • apt-get : is the one of the most important Ubuntu commands every beginner must know. It is used to install, update, upgrade and remove any package.
            >> apt-get update : It's a super user command so when you run it firstly type sudo and then command in your terminal. 


Here you see on above image I also run this command with
Sudo. Because I don't want any error. 
I also know you all are want same without any error.

          >> apt-get upgrade : It's is also super user command so when you run it same as above command use sudo.


  

 In first image I run my command and in the second image, it ask me for permission when I type  Y it run and upgrade the system and when I type n it abort the command.
 Now, here the question is why it ask for permission in upgrade command but not in update command and what is the difference b/w both of them ?
>>Then the answer is in update command it only update your already installed packages(software) but in upgrade command it install the new package of your already installed package and remove your old one. Now I hope you know the difference b/w them.


  • Sudo apt-get install : For install a specific package if you know the name.


As you see above image after run the command it ask for my sudo password and after type password it run but not install any package because I am not typed any package name after install, so for the installation you need to know the package name and your sudo password.

  • Sudo apt-get remove : For removing a specific package that you already install if you know the name.     


For the remove command same condition apply as install, it also want package name to remove that already install in your system.

  • dpkg -l : after run this command it show the list of all packages that already installed.

After run the command , it will show all package list of your system, here (-l) is list. It's is called flag. That we will be discussed in my next blog because it use in many commands.

  • ls : (list) command lists all files and folders in your current working directory of present working directory.

In above image as you see rohit dir. have total 3 files and directory. How can I find which one is dir. and files. So that 2 blue color highlighted ( git and qrcode ) are folder and the white one is file (html.pdf). In your case the color will be different or same.

Did you know : 

Every iPhone advertisement has the time set to 9:41.
 This is the time that Steve Jobs announced the very first iPhone in 2007.

For read old blogs :

https://tech-topic-info.blogspot.com

OR

https://techno-manual-book.blogspot.com


>> In the next blog we know about more commands and discuss commands flags and uses.

 

Thank you for visit. 😊   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types Of RAM (Random Access Memory) :

what is Ethical Hacking and top 5 Indians Ethical Hacker.

Shortcut Commands keys for "Microsoft Word" :-